If you are a Northants young person or adult you can work with our professional cast and crew on our feature film Macbeth shooting in Northampton.
Through a series of workshops you will help in the Pre-Production, building a set, visiting locations, working with our Designers, filming behind-the-scenes films, taking photographs and helping plan the shoot as well as helping out on the film set itself. All ages, abilities, etc welcome. If you cannot afford transport, we can help with that.
There are 3 ways to get involved:
- OPTION 1: If you are 10-18yrs, live in Northants and fit the criteria on the next page, you can take part in our BBC Children in Need-funded workshops after school
- OPTION 2: If you are a Northamptonshire resident of any age and feel that taking part could improve your confidence, increase your work skills, help you get out more or mix with new people, could help you feel better about yourself or increase your life chances, you can take part in our First for Wellbeing-funded workshops
- OPTION 3: Any other Northants residents can also apply to take part in our workshops – so if you are interested in learning more about Film or volunteering, please get in touch to take part in our First for Wellbeing sessions.
If you’re interested, email email@example.com or call/text 07930 646721 or visit us at our shop in the Grosvenor Centre (roughly opposite Deichmann Shoes – please check we’re open before traveling or bring a letter to put through our shutter).
If you’d like to take part, please contact us to get a copy of this form:
Some of the questions are quite complicated so if you have any trouble writing down your answers you can ring Becky on 07930 646721 or arrange a time to come in for a face-to-face chat. Your space is only confirmed once you hear from us.
The form is not a test! It doesn’t matter if you can’t tick any of the boxes. We want a variety of people with different experiences. This information will be treated confidentially. It’s only shared with staff on the project and, when we complete our reports, with our funders but names won’t be used.
School/College if applicable:
What is your work status? (E.g. at school, student, unemployed, retired)
Do you qualify for OPTION 1: Are 10-18yrs, live in Northants and can tick one of these boxes below (please tick any that apply):
- at risk of being excluded from school or already excluded from mainstream education
- have been involved with the Police or Criminal Justice System even if not formally
- Looked-After Children (e.g. foster care) or in Troubled Families or struggling households
- with Special Educational Needs or Learning Difficulty/Disabilities
- Receive Pupil Premium, live in poverty or in Deprived areas affecting your life chances.
We would expect you/your child to be able to attend one 3-hour workshop per week after school from 1st week of October through to end of February half term (excluding Christmas!). It doesn’t have to be the same day each week. These workshops will take place on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays after school with some extra workshops in holidays. You’d be welcome to do more than 1 a week. We need people to commit to completing 60 hours by the end of the shoot – roughly 1 x 3hr workshop per week till Christmas with an extra day in October half term, then 5 hours per week after school (or possibly weekends) in January for the shoot.
If you don’t qualify for Option 1, try Option 2 or Option 3 below
Do you qualify for OPTION 2: Are you a child (open to anyone over 10yrs but may need to be accompanied by an adult) or an adult of any age living in Northamptonshire and do you feel the workshops could improve your wellbeing? (For example do you feel taking part could improve your confidence, help your communication skills, increase your work skills or ability to get work, help you get out more or mix with new people, or could help you feel better about yourself or your life?)
If your answer is Yes, please tell us how you think the workshops might help. How do you feel now and what do you hope the project will do for you? If your answer is No, move to Option 3.
Do you qualify for OPTION 3: Any Northants residents can also apply to take part in our workshops even if you don’t qualify for Option 1 or 2 – please tell us why you’d like to take part here:
For Option 2 and 3 you would need to complete at least 20 hours of workshops and time on set between October and February. We usually meet on Thursdays after work for 2 hours every 2 weeks and it would be flexible as to what days you could work on set.
EVERYONE, can you also tell us a bit about yourself/your child, the good things and the things you feel less good about? (You might be part of some community or religious groups, or have particular skills in an area, or be really passionate about a certain subject. Less positive might be that you find it hard to travel outside your immediate area, struggle talking to new people or don’t get enough opportunities to share your knowledge.)