2018 has certainly been a bumper year for Screen Northants:
- We’ve shot our first two feature films which are now in Post Production and will be out next year. Macbeth was an absolute epic involving hundreds of Northants community members and volunteers, and Nene, while slightly more down to earth, also racked up an impressive amount of young people, community members and film professionals coming together to film something beautiful along the River Nene. Both films were supported by BBC Children in Need with additional support for Macbeth from Northampton Borough Council, David Laing Foundation and Northamptonshire Community Foundation, and for Nene, additional support from Nenescape. Watch the Macbeth first look footage here
- We had the premiere of Samuel Dore’s Reverberations on Film 4 – our first production working with the British Sign Language Broadcasting Trust, – which shot in Northampton and Milton Keynes. Watch it here
- With our BBC Children in Need funding we also made a number of short films including a series of short films for Northamptonshire Fire Service working with young people with learning disabilities from The Bee Hive in Northampton. The films will be launched for the national conference for On-Call Firefighters, With our BBC Children in Need support we are able to work with 70 disadvantaged young people per year.
- We also produced a film for the National Trust – an alternative introductory video to the newly acquired Lyveden Manor next to the New Bield – also working with young people on the production. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/lyveden/features/looking-at-lyveden-differently
- And we’ve finished off the year nicely supporting Alan Moore’s The Show with locations and studio space here in Northampton. We’re really looking forward to seeing Northamptonshire so well represented on film next year. Read more about the film here
- Oh and we’ve been nominated for an award through the Northamptonshire Association of Youth Clubs… which is nice!
We are extremely grateful for all the supporters and volunteers we’ve had this year – we want to thank you all for your support and help!
If you want to get involved with Screen Northants in 2019 please come say hello! Next year is already booking up – some more film work for Nenescape, a film festival for Northampton, a film for the Police and Crime Commissioners Office and the start of our next feature film. You can read about the film festival on this blog from earlier this month and just drop us a line if you would like to talk further email@example.com